The Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery of The Fourth Affiliated Hospital Zhejiang University School of Medicine originated from the Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery of The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, a key clinical discipline of China's cardiovascular surgery field.
The Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery of The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine represents the earliest modern department integrating teaching, scientific research and medical service in Zhejiang Province and a leading discipline in the field of cardiothoracic surgery in and out of the province. The department has walked ahead in the province and reached an advanced level at home owing to its comprehensive strength, come out in front in the field of adult cardiac surgery in the province and enjoyed a good reputation in China. The department was appointed to give the master's degree program of Zhejiang University in 2002 and to be the first to carry out the doctoral degree program of cardiothoracic surgery of Zhejiang University in 2005, became one of the first standardized training base for resident physicians of the National Health Commission in 2007 and was appraised as a key national clinical specialty in 2011 (cardiac macrovascular surgery).
The academic leader Ni Yiming, a chief physician, doctor of medicine and doctoral supervisor, is currently the head of the Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery of The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, the head of the Center for Heart Diseases and also the head of the heart-lung transplantation group of the Key Research Lab of Multiple Organ Transplantation of the National Health Commission, Zhejiang Organ Transplantation Center and Zhejiang Key Research Lab for Organ Transplantation. He is a member of the Standing Committee of the Chinese Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery and the chairman of Zhejiang Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. In April and November 2009, he was given the "Golden Knife Award", the highest award in China's cardiothoracic surgery clinical field, and also "China's Physician Award", the highest award in China's physician sector. By now, he has trained over 30 doctoral and postgraduate students.
The executive director Feng Qiang is a chief physician, doctor of surgery and a member of Zhejiang Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. Our department has 2 attending physicians, 3 resident physicians and 1 cardiopulmonary bypass surgeon, all of whom have a master's degree and above.
(1) High surgical safety;
(2) Advanced cardiac surgery in China, and internationally advanced indicators;
(3) Combined transplantation of heart and multiple organs, creating a number of records at home;
(4) Steadily improved cardiac vascular surgery, being first-rate in China;
(5) Leading coronary artery bypass grafting in the province, also advanced in China;
(6) Leading complex congenital correction in the province's, also advanced in China;
(7) Leading ECMO technology in China;
(8) Advanced minimally invasive surgery and thoracoscopic techniques in China;
(9) Standardized surgical treatment of thoracic tumors.
(1) Minimally invasive thoracoscopic surgery for benign and malignant thoracic tumors (such as lung cancer, esophageal cancer, thymoma and schwannoma), with the proportion of minimally invasive surgery as high as above 95%. By now, we have done over 300 minimally invasive thoracoscopic operations for patients with lung cancer through advanced technology in the province and thus accumulated rich experience in the diagnosis and treatment of small pulmonary nodules and early lung cancer.
(2) Conventional surgical treatment and minimally invasive thoracoscopic surgery of other thoracic diseases (such as palmar hyperhidrosis, pneumothorax, bullae, pulmonary sequestration and chest trauma).
(3) Conventional surgical treatment of cardiovascular diseases such as valvular heart disease, congenital heart disease, coronary heart disease and heart tumor resection, mature and leading complex heart valve replacement, valvoplasty, off-pump coronary artery graft bypass, minimally invasive tricuspid valve plasty and other technologies in the province.
(4) Implantable venous access port, providing convenience for patients receiving tumor chemotherapy and repeated intravenous infusion.
(5) Molecular targeted therapy for lung cancer.