Department: Departmentof Cardio-Thoracic Surgery of The Fourth Affiliated Hospital ZhejiangUniversity School of Medicine
Title: ChiefPhysician, Doctoral Supervisor, Professor
Position: AcademicLeader of the Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery of The Fourth AffiliatedHospital Zhejiang University School of Medicine
Specialty: Diagnosisand treatment of valvular heart diseases, coronary heart diseases,macrovascular diseases, congenital heart diseases, heart tumors, lung tumors,mediastinal tumors and other cardiothoracic surgery diseases.
Introduction: He graduated from Zhejiang MedicalUniversity in 1982; studied at the School of Medicine of the University ofZurich, Switzerland in 1995 and received a doctoral degree in medicine. SinceAugust 1982, he has worked in the Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery of TheFirst Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine. He currentlyacts as the head of the Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery of The FirstAffiliated Hospital Zhejiang University, the head of the Center for HeartDiseases, the head of the Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery of The FourthAffiliated Hospital Zhejiang University School of Medicine, a member of theNational Standing Committee of the Chinese Society for Thoracic andCardiovascular Surgery, a national committee member of the Chinese Associationof Cardiovascular Surgeons and the chairman of Zhejiang Society of Thoracic andCardiovascular Surgery.
He has worked inthe Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery for 31 years, finished over 8,000major cardiac vessel and general thoracic operations as an operator. In recentyears, he has finished over 600 major cardiac vascular operations and more than200 general thoracic operations every year. The number, complexity and successrate of operations by him have ranked first in Zhejiang Province. He hasaccumulated rich clinical experience in the diagnosis and treatment of variouscardiothoracic surgery diseases such as valvular heart diseases, coronary heartdiseases, macrovascular diseases, congenital heart diseases, heart tumors, lungtumors and mediastinal tumors. Especially, he has taken the lead in valvularsurgeries in China and been highly recognized by his peers at home and abroadowing to good effect and efficiency. He was the first giving off-pump coronaryartery bypass in Zhejiang Province with the total operation success rate ashigh as 99%. In 2009, he successfully finished the off-pump coronary arterybypass for a 90-year-old patient with severe multi-vessel disease, the oldestpatient with such an operation in China (the second oldest across the country).He has taken the lead in the surgical and hybrid operations of aorticdissection in Zhejiang Province. At present, the total number of treatedpatients and their surgical results have walked ahead in China. Further, he hascreated the record of total aortic arc replacement without blood transfusion,which has been widely reported by the media. In the field of organtransplantation, he has led the team in successfully initiating combinedcardiopulmonary transplantation, combined heart-kidney transplantation, etc. inZhejiang Province, with a number of indicators reaching the domestic level athome. In addition, he is experienced in the differential diagnosis of lungtumors and mediastinal tumors and advocates standardized and individualizedtreatment programs. He also has many unique insights in various types ofminimally invasive thoracotomy. In 1998, he became the first to give aminimally invasive thoracic incision surgery with the latissimus dorsipreserved in China. In recent years, he has made vigorous efforts in promotingminimally invasive lung cancer and mediastinal tumor surgery under the totalthoracoscopy and achieved a quite high success rate of operations and excellentclinical efficacy.
1. Clinical andbasic research on critical cardiovascular diseases;
2. Surgicaltreatment of lung tumors and research on various types of minimally invasivesurgical techniques;
3. Clinical andbasic research on heart and multi-organ transplantation.
He has organizedand participated in more than 10 programs.
1. Research onthe Application of Thoracoscopic Techniques and Composite Techniques inCardiovascular Diseases, a major special program of the National HealthCommission, from Jan. 2010 to Dec. 2012 (head of a sub-program)
2. Innovationand Perfection of Surgical Treatment of Critical Heart Valve Disease, a majorpriority program of the Science Technology Department of Zhejiang Province,from Jan. 2010 to Jun. 2012 (organizer);
3. Changes ofCardiac Contractile Proteins in Patients with Giant Left Ventricular ValvularHeart Disease and Their Prognostic Implications, a program sponsored by theNatural Science Foundation of Zhejiang Province, from Jan. 2007 to Dec. 2009(organizer)
4. Functions ofProto-oncogene RON in the Pathogenesis of Bronchioloalveolar Carcinoma, aprogram sponsored by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Major),from Jan. 2015 to Dec. 2007 (main participant)
Representativepapers: He has published a total of nearly 100 papers as the first orcorresponding author, including 15 collected in SCI (his J Am Coll Cardiol was given the highest score of 14.1) and 4 in topjournals.
Patent forinvention: Anti-Winding Double-ended Needle Suture with Non-Directional Spacer,Utility Model Patent, Patent No. (201020227051.5), Feb. 2011 (first person incharge)